Klochkov V. G. Problems of defining legal concepts in laws and other normative legal acts
Each legal concept has not only content (content), but also a form. The form requires compliance with the rules for the definition and construction of concepts. Improving legal terminology is impossible without deep development and observance of the rules of analysis and the precise construction of the conceptual apparatus.
Gaps in legislation and regulations are derived from inaccuracy, lack of clarity and simplicity of conceptual constructions. The inconsistency of certain legal norms found in various laws and regulatory legal acts, the inconsistency of norms with the prevailing realities of legal life in the state and society impede the fulfillment by state authorities, including law enforcement, of their functional responsibilities. Mistakes made in the preparation of draft laws and regulations, methodological recommendations mainly boil down to the violation of the requirements of the unified laws of logic: the law of identity, the law of contradiction, the law of the excluded third and the law of sufficient reason. The use of inappropriate terminology causes complications in the application of legal norms. The Constitution of Ukraine assigns to the prosecutor the function of representing the interests of a citizen or state in court in cases specified by law. The term representation is not exactly chosen. The word “representation” means: the performance of the duties of a representative; an institution representing the interests of someone; elections, as well as the law, the procedure for the election of representatives to any bodies; representation is a legal relationship in which one party (representative) is obligated or entitled to make a transaction on behalf of the other party that it represents; representation means activity on behalf of someone, on behalf of a person. By its legal nature, a representative can only be authorized for transactions that the person he represents is entitled to carry out. The representation of the prosecutor’s office in court is specific, since this body does not need instructions, contracts or other documents. The prosecutor or his deputy should act not on behalf of someone, but on behalf of the state in favor of the person and citizen, state or society, within the limits established by law. In the legislation there is a conflict (conflict) in the law regarding the term «representation». To eliminate such a conflict, it is necessary to amend the Law of Ukraine «On the Prosecutor’s Office».
Key words: definition of concepts, laws and regulations, accuracy, clarity, brevity of terms.
1. Klochkov V. G. The ratio of prosecutorial supervision and state control over the observance of laws (problems of theory and practice) // Entrepreneurship, Economy and Law. 2010. № 4. P. 154.
2. Klochkov V. G. The system of bodies of state supervision and control (the order of creation and separation of powers) // Law of Ukraine. 2010. P. 204.
3. Klochkov V. G. We have rights — zero, and someone — unmeasured // Legal Bulletin of Ukraine. 2007. № 9. P. 4.
4. Klochkov V. G. Conceptual essence and role of prosecutor’s supervision on protection and protection of human and citizen’s rights and freedoms // Entrepreneurship, economy and law. 2005. № 10. P. 153.
5. Ozhegov S. I. Dictionary of the Russian language / Society. ed. L. I. Skvortsov. 24th ed. M.: Onyx 21st Century; World and Education, 2005. P. 779.
6. Bobrovnik S. V., Nagrebelny V. P. Legal act / NAS of Ukraine. Institute of State and Law. V. M. Koretsky. Kyiv, 2002. P. 192.
7. Theory of State and Law: a textbook / ed. M. M. Rassolova, V. O. Luchina, B. S. Ebzeeva. M.: UNITS OF DANA; Law and Law, 2001. P. 352.
8. Klochkov V. G. Formation and development of the prosecutor’s office of sovereign Ukraine. Libra Themis. 2004. № 3—4. P. 27.
9. Ozhegov S. I. Dictionary of the Russian language / Society. ed. LI Skvortsov. 24th ed. M.: Onyx 21st Century; World and Education, 2005. P. 570.
10. Tikhomirova LV, Tikhomirov M. Yu. Legal Encyclopedia / 4th ed. M.: Yurinformtsentr, 1998. P. 1—15.
11. Dahl V. I. The intelligent dictionary of the Great Russian language / 2nd ed. St. Petersburg-M.: Izd. typographic bookseller MO Wolf, 1881. Vol. 2, p. 774.
12. Klochkov V. G. The essence and importance of prosecutorial supervision over the observance of the rights and freedoms of a citizen and a person. Libra Themis. 2001. № 1. P. 52.
13. Klochkov V. G. Problems of information support of activity of bodies of prosecutor’s office // Militia. 2010. № 9—10. P. 35.
14. Klochkov V. G. Problems of information support of activity of bodies of prosecutor’s office // Militia. 2010. № 3—4. P. 47.