Golosnichenko D. I., Rybak O. D. Оrganizational and legal status of territorial communities in Ukraine.
A local community has been defined by the Constitution of Ukraine as a primary subject of a local government. But in practice the participation of a local community in socio-political life is comed down to the realization of the right to vote of its sitizens. According to this in Ukraine the Constitutional right of a local community to decide quastions of a local significance now is limited and isn’t settled on legislative level and on regulatory level.
Should be noted a local community as a primary subject of a local government hasn’t recived а proper legal status in Ukraine.
The purpose of the article is the systematization of existing theoretical ways to the defining of a local community as a primary subject of a local government and the determining its legal status in Ukraine.
On the basis of the conducted research it is detected that a local community must be considered as a set of persons which live within a certain area, have a certain relationship with each other and a common interests, rights and powers to solve common problems.
We’ve found out that an organizational and legal status of local communities is characterized by imperfection and need specifications and refinements.
Because of no having a clear organizational and legal status of a legal entity local communities can be the subject of legal rights and powers only indirectly, from representative bodies.
The adoption of the law of Ukraine «About local communities» will allow on legislative level to settle the quastion of legal subjection of a local community as a legal entity of public law, its legal, organizational and other guarantees, which to a large extent affect on the capacity of such local community, its real ability to decide quastions of a local significance and protect own rights and legal interests self-sufficient in full.
A Clear definition of a legal status of a local community allows to harmonize the system of public administration in districts and to provide a successful development of the state as a whole.
Key words: local self-government, territorial community, legal status, administrative-territorial reform.
- State management of regional development of Ukraine: monograph / by general. ed. V. E. Vorotina, Ya. A. Zhalila. Kyiv: NISD, 2010. 288 p.
- Butko I. Some problems of formation and development of territorial self-government in Ukraine. Local and regional self-government of Ukraine. 1992. № 3. Р. 6–10.
- Batanov O. Territorial community – the primary subject of municipal power in Ukraine: concepts and features / Bulletin of the Central Election Commission. 2008. № 2 (12). Pp. 46–52.
- Orzikh MP The concept of the legal status of self-governing territories and local governments. Local and regional self-government of Ukraine. Kyiv, 1995. Issue. 1-2 (10-11). P. 67.
- Moroz O. Territorial community: the essence of formation and modern Ukrainian realities. Democrat. governance. 2008. Vip. 2. URL: http://lvivacademy.com/vidavnitstvo_1/visnik2/fail/Moroz.pdf.
- Baimuratov M. A. Municipal power: current issues of formation and development in Ukraine / Odessa: Legal Literature, 2003. P. 115.
- Local self-government in Ukraine: problems and prospects / ed. VM Beschastny. Donetsk: Donetsk jurid. Institute of Donetsk National University, 2005. P. 37.
- Surmin Yu. Local self-government and civil society: monitoring of public opinion / Yu. Surmin // Actual problems of public administration: collection. Science. Dnipropetrovsk Ave., 2000. Issue. 2 (2). S. 11—23.
- The Constitution of Ukraine of June 28, 1996 // Vidom. Verkhov. Council of Ukraine. 1996. № 30. Art. 141.
- On local self-government in Ukraine: Law of Ukraine № 280/97-ВР of 21.05.1997 // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 1997. № 24.
- European Charter of Local Self-Government of 15.10.1985, ratified by the Law of Ukraine of 15.07.1997 // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 1997. № 38. art. 249.
- Sushinsky OI Local self-government in Ukraine: conceptual principles of status and activities of executive bodies. Lviv: POSTER, 2003. P. 48–49.
- Baimuratov M. Legal status of the territorial community in Ukraine: theoretical and practical problems // Municipal movement: a new stage of development: Materials VII All-Ukrainian. municipality. hearings «Municipal Movement in Ukraine – 10 years of development» (September 6-8, 2001, Berdyansk). Kyiv: Logos, 2002. S. 368—371.
- Murkovych L. Territorial community as a subject of local self-government in Ukraine: theoretical aspects // Public administration and local self-government. 2010. Vip. 2. URL: http://archive.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/soc_gum/Dums/2010_2/10mliuta.pdf.
- On cooperation of territorial communities: Law of Ukraine № 1508 of June 17, 2015. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1508-18#Text.
- On Voluntary Association of Territorial Communities: Law of Ukraine № 157 of February 5, 2015 URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/157-19#Text.
- National Institute for Strategic Studies. Directions for ensuring the security of development of territorial communities in the process of reforming the administrative-territorial structure of Ukraine. Analytical note. URL: https://niss.gov.ua/doslidzhennya/regionalniy-rozvitok/napryami-zabezpechennya-bezpeki-rozvitku-teritorialnikh-gromad-u.
- Pasternak E. On the question of the legal personality of the territorial community / / Entrepreneurship, Economy and Law. 2003. № 3. C. 85—93.
- Batanov O. V. Territorial community – the basis of local government in Ukraine: a monograph. Kyiv: Institute of State and Law. VM Koretsky NAS of Ukraine, 2001. 260 p.
- Civil Code of Ukraine. Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (VVR), 2003, № 40-44, Art. 356). URL: https://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/435-15.
- Kravchenko V. On the issue of constitutional and legal status of the territorial community // European Charter of Local Self-Government and the development of local and regional democracy in Ukraine: scientific-practical. way. / for ed. M. O. Pukhtinsky, V. V. Tolkovanov. Kyiv, 2003. S. 165—178.
- Pervomaisky OO Participation of the territorial community in civil relations / Series «Legal Adviser». Kharkiv: Stride, 2005. 184 p.
- Federalna ustawa Konstytucyjna Republiki Austrii z dnia 1.10.1920 r. URL: http://biblioteka.sejm.gov.pl/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Austria_pol010811.pdf.
- Constitution of Finland of 11 June 1999. URL: http://libr.sejm.gov.pl/tek01/txt/konst/finlandia.html.
- Constitution of the Kingdom of Denmark of June 5, 1953. URL: http://biblioteka.sejm.gov.pl/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Dania_pol_010811.pdf.
- Constitution of the Republic of Bulgaria. Warsaw: Wydawnictwo Sejmowe, 2012. 76 pp. URL: http://libr.sejm.gov.pl/tek01/txt/konst/bulgaria2013.pdf
- Constitution of the Republic of Poland of 2 April 1997 URL: http://www.concourt.am/armenian/legal_resources/world_constitutions/constit/poland/poland-r.htm.
- Constitution of the Czech Republic of 16 December 1992 URL: https://www.psp.cz/docs/laws/constitution.html.
- On approval of the Concept of reforming local self-government and territorial organization of power in Ukraine: order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 333-r of 01.04.2014 URL: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/333-2014-% D1% 80 # n8.