Prystinska K. O. The main stages of development of the institute of administrative responsibility for illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances.
The article considers the main stages of development of administrative liability for illicit drug trafficking. There are three stages: 1) pre-revolutionary; 2) soviet; 3) the times of independent Ukraine, which differed in approaches to administrative responsibility in this area.
It is shown that the process of drug use began in the archaic period, by conducting magical, religious rites, ritual and healing ceremonies in order to achieve mental reactions and trance. During the stay of Ukrainian lands in the Russian Empire, they were subject to the rules of imperial law, which provided for fines, confiscation of materials and devices used in such offenses.
The provisions of the Administrative Code of the USSR of 1927, the Code of the Ukrainian VTS on administrative violations of 1984 and the current Code of Administrative Offenses, which reflect the rules of administrative liability for violations in this area.
It is shown that during the period of independent Ukraine, administrative and legal activities in the field of combating drug trafficking were conducted in the following areas: licensing activities; the order of transportation of drugs; regulation of their circulation; creation of a public authority whose task was to control the circulation of drugs and legal regulation of their use.
Key words: administrative responsibility, drugs, rites, traditions, treatment, rehabilitation, volumes of narcotic substances.
- Counteraction to illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances. Textbook. Part II / еd. A. N. Sergeeva. M.: «SHIT-M», 2002. 580 р.
- Vagin A. V. Historical preconditions of administrative liability for illegal acquisition, storage and use of narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances. Current issues of state and law. 2007. № 1. Рр. 162—164.
- Shevchuk O. M. Administrative and legal regulation of state control over the circulation of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and precursors in Ukraine: dis. … Dr. Jurid. Science: 12.00.07; Nat. jurid. Univ. Yaroslav the Wise. Kharkiv, 2016. 485 p.
- Artemenko N. A., Petrishte T. P. Drug addiction in the 1920s: medical legal and sociocultural aspects of the problem. Bulletin of VSMU. 2015. Volume 14, № 6. Pp. 93—103.
- Kotsur M. M. Features of legal regulation of drug crime in the USSR in the period 1960—1991. Legal Ukraine. 2020. № 2. Pp. 52—61.
- Pavkovich S. M. Legal bases of realization of administrative powers concerning maintenance of counteraction to illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs: dis. … Cand. jurid. Science: 12.00.07. Private higher educational institution «International University of Business and Law». Kherson, 2019. 485 p.
- Galyuk A. V. Administrative and legal bases of activity of National police of Ukraine concerning prevention and counteraction to drug addiction at the regional level: author’s ref. dis. … cand. jurid. Science: 12.00.07. Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, Kharkiv. nat. University of Internal Affairs affairs. Kharkiv, 2019. 27 p.