Datsenko V. M. The best interests of the child in international law: conceptual framework
On today’s international law, there is a broad consensus on the idea of those who want to talk about all the children and the importance of guilty mother’s interests.
Buti and the court at the right are guilty of the arrest of nikrashchikh іnterestіv ditini.
Vrakhovuchi is the issue of clear legislative regulation of the law and practice of legal practice of securing terminology of the interest of children, the author has analyzed the law of international law.
At the statutory international legal order, there is a need for ECHRL, in some ways there is a lack of food for the protection of interested children in case of a viable dispute about it. Analyzed the keys to the position of the court regarding disputes regarding the child’s privacy Order No. 14 (2013) of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child «On the right of a child to receive respect for the rest of the world».
Вased on a systematic analysis of the provisions of General Comment No. 14, the author identified two blocks of key positions that the court must adhere to when resolving a child dispute to ensure its best interests: 1) basic positions; 2) the procedure for assessing and determining the best interests of the child.
The Committee underlines that the child’s best interests is a threefold concept: a substantive right; A fundamental, interpretative legal principle; A rule of procedure.
Another main point is the idea of how to apply it to each child individually.
One more fundamental principle of the application of the Convention is that the State has no discretion to determine whether to prioritize the best interests of the child and give them due weight in any action.
When assessing and determining the best interests of the child in order to make a decision on a specific measure, the following steps should be followed:
(a) First, within the specific factual context of the case, find out what are the relevant elements in a best-interests assessment, give them concrete content, and assign a weight to each in relation to one another;
(b) Secondly, to do so, follow a procedure that ensures legal guarantees and
proper application of the right.
As a result of this scientific research, the author has come to the conclusion that providing the best interests of the child are not universal. It must be obtained by the court as a result of identifying and assessing the individual needs of the child, taking into account the specifics of the subject matter of the case being considered by the court.
If the court correctly identified and assessed such needs, followed certain legal guarantees, then the decision taken as a result of the case should be considered to be made in the best interests of the child.
Key words: concept of the best interests of the child, family law relations, evaluation and determination of the best interests of the child, legal guarantees.
- Datsenko V. M. Interrogation of a child under 10 years of age in the case of determining the place of residence for the best interests of the child. Word of the National School of Judges of Ukraine. 2019. No. 3 (28). Pp. 140–152.
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «Vladimir Ushakov v. Russia», 18.06.2019. URL: http://european-court-help.ru/delo-15122-17-vladimir-ushakov-protiv-rossii/
- About the protection of children: Law of Ukraine of April 26, 2001 No. 2402-III.
- The Declaration of the Rights of the Child of 20 november 1959. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_384
- Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women of
18 decemder 1979. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_207
- Convention on the Protection of Children and Cooperation in the Field of Interstate Adoption of 29 may 1993. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/998_199
- Convention on Jurisdiction, Applicable Law, Recognition, Enforcement and Cooperation on Parental Responsibility and Measures for the Protection of Children of 19 october 1996.
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «М.Т. v. Ukraine», 19.03.2019. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/974_d46
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «Vyshnyakov v. Ukraine», 24.07.2018. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/974_d01
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «Saviny v. Ukraine», 18.12.2018. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/974_454
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «M.R. AND D.R. v. Ukraine», 22.05.2008. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/974_c87
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «Lazoriva v. Ukraine», 17.04.2018. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/974_d30
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «Korneykova v. Ukraine», 24.03.2016. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/974_b56
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «Kurochkin v. Ukraine», 20.05.2010. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/974_841
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «М.S. v. Ukraine», 11.07.2017. URL: https://ips.ligazakon.net/document/view/SOO00995?an=2
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «Mamchur v. Ukraine», 16.07.2010. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/974_a93
- Convention on the Rights of the Child of 20 november 1989 року. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/789-12
- General comment No. 14 (2013) on the right of the child to have his or her best interests taken as a primary consideration, (art. 3, para.1). URL: https://www.refworld.org/docid/51a84b5e4.html
- Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights in the case of «Andersone v. Latvia», 19.09.2019. URL: https://ru.scribd.com/document/427355392/Andersena-v-Latvia